The International Association of Contact Lens Educators (IACLE) has announced the 2020 Contact Lens Educators of the Year Award winners.
The educator awards, sponsored by CooperVision and supported by the American Academy of Optometry, recognise and reward achievements in contact lens education worldwide and are presented each year to an individual from each of IACLE’s global regions.
The 2020 winners are:
- IACLE Americas CL Educator of the Year - Professor Renée Reeder, University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Optometry, USA
- IACLE Asia Pacific CL Educator of the Year - Professor Bariah Mohd Ali, University Kebangsaan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- IACLE Europe/Africa/Middle East CL Educator of the Year - Jo Underwood, Association of British Dispensing Opticians College, Godmersham, UK
IACLE also announced it’s 2020 Travel Awards, enabling IACLE members to travel to international contact lens meetings. The winners were:
- Dr Elizabeth Chetty, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Professor Martín Guzmán, Universidad Nacional Experimental Romulo Gallegos, Zaraza, Venezuela
- Associate Professor Nirav Mehta, Hari Jyot College of Optometry, Navsari, India
The 2020 IACLE award winners each receive a bursary of up to US$3,000 towards the cost of attending a major international meeting where they will receive their certificates.